Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 43

Oooohhh...lookie what I found in the depths of the freezer.........FLANK STEAK!!!
Photobucket
I marinated it in some lime juice/zest, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes overnight.

Threw it on the grill and cooked up ANOTHER bag of frozen pepper/onion strips
Photobucket
and we had FAJITAS!!!!!!!!!

Here are the "fixins"
Photobucket

and is THIS not GORGEOUS!?????
Photobucket

Mmmm...I'm going to have dreams about that flank steak tonight!!!! It was SO yummy!

***NOTE*** The freezer project is going to take a 3 day hiatus while I go to Michigan to visit my grandpa and mom. Kevin will likely be surviving here on deli fried chicken and possibly Taco Bell (one JUST opened up down the street from us!)

7 comments:

  1. Laura - my mouth is watering! Maybe I will have Mom buy some flank steak while she's at the store today. Dad and I can eat it while Mom nibbles on leaves.

    Stubby xoxo

    Pee-s: I love Taco Bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi laura!
    fred just made a flank steak too! it is carma! he would go to bed at night and say i can have flank steak for breakfast. :)

    have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Laura, you are always posting about these frozen bags of peppers/onions. I have been frantically searching out grocery stores for them, because I am ALWAYS chopping that stuff... I don't think we have that here!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh.. steak.. I made chicken enchilada's last night.. :) They were good! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! How delicious does that look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that flank steak looks sooo good. But..... um, erm,...... a three day hiatus???? More like 3+ weeks so far.... Your readers require more! <:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the Freezer Project!!!! Got anything stacking up in the freezer yet?!

    ReplyDelete