Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 19

Day 19 (Friday) was a nice surprise for Kevin...PASTIES (pronounced PASS-tees) a classic Michigan dish!!! I made some a few months ago and froze them and forgot all about them.
Photobucket

You can read all about pasties by CLICKING HERE

I made mine the traditional way that my grandma used to...beef (leftover roast), onions, potatoes, carrots and rutabega all kind of chopped up into a stew and then baked inside a pie crust like dough. SO good!
Photobucket

I would have loved to have eaten one...but knew I'd pay with ucky consequences...so I stuck to a Laura Staple...a bruchetta Boca patty topped with peppers, onion, cheese and some pizza sauce. Not quite a pasty, but still pretty good (AND I got rid of the Boca box!)!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. hi laura!
    oh you got two different meals out of the freezer! great job and yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to ask...what are the "ucky consequences" besides gaining weight? (just curious)

    ReplyDelete