Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 1

OK...TECHNICALLY, we went out for Day 1 (Sunday) so we're calling Day 1 MONDAY.

First up from the depths of the freezer...SALMON
Photobucket

Personally...I can't stand the stuff, so I had my Qdoba leftovers from Sunday and made THIS for Kevin...
Photobucket
Grilled salmon with a simple sauce of grainy Dijon mustard and some lite sour cream, leftover grits from "breakfast for dinner" the other night brought together with a little milk and some grated parm and topped with a few shards of shaved parmasean and some simple steamed baby carrots on the side.

Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha Laura this is priceless! There is some stuff in my freezer that I would not touch with a 10-foot pole, so i can relate. Can't wait to follow along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - Kevin's dinner sure looks yummy. Can you come up to Chicago and cook some meals for me? I'm starving up here!

    I hope that your freezer experiment is a success. Unfortunately, Mom and Dad keep the freezer pretty cleaned out and empty, so we will not be participating in a similar experiment. Mom had a 'basement experiment' yesterday when she went through and got 5+ boxes of stuff to give to an animal shelter for their rummage sale. It's not the same I know, but that's Mom!

    Stubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum!
    i think we should call food tv! this needs to be a show!

    ReplyDelete