Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 15

Monday...back to the freezer cleanout after a break from yesterday!

Today...RIBS! I had a pack of 3 country style ribs in the freezer. I defrosted them and rubbed them with a dry rub (made of everything but the kitchen sink...just dumped in everything from the spice cabinet!) and put them on an upside down steamer basket in the crock pot. This steamer trick is great because all the fat drips away and leaves you with yummy, crispy coated ribs!
Photobucket

I tossed a partial bag of frozen hash browns that I found with some chopped onion for Kevin and then steamed up some green beans on the side for both of us.
Photobucket

Served with my FAVORITE...Bessengers BBQ sauce from Columbia, SC (traditional Carolina mustard based sauce...so good, even this Yankee girl was moved by it!)

3 comments:

  1. steaming them in the crock pot is a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More crockpot info please!! I Lurve me some country style ribs, but they're a total gut-bomb~ Anything to get that flavor without killing myself sound like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried the SC style BBQ sauce and I can't get into it. Probally because I don't like mustard. Nevertheless! MMm...ribs!

    ReplyDelete