Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 16

Today sounds really fancy schmancy...but couldn't be easier...
CHICKEN WELLINGTON (yes...Beef Wellington's low budget cousin!)

I found some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the freezer...
Photobucket

Found a package of Puff Pastry dough (jeez...no CLUE how old it was...I don't remember buying it!)
Photobucket

I made a quickie duxelles by chopping up some mushrooms and onion and sauteed with a tiny bit of butter, salt, pepper and white wine (Chardonnay)
Photobucket


Piled the shrooms and onion on the dough, topped with a chicken breast and then wrapped it up...egg washed it and threw it in the oven.
Photobucket
Here's the result about 40 minutes later!

Dinner is served! Kevin's on the left (Wellington with our staple Caesar salad) and I made myself a ham and cheese salad with radicchio on the right.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a good idea! I had beef wellington for the first time at Christmas... it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good Laura! you always surprise me with the yummy things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi laura!
    you are so creative! i love all of these entries. thank you so much for sharing your freezer project! it is so fun to see it get cleared out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... I don't like mushrooms AT ALL but this looks good... what could I replace them with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me happy because you're are proof that someone else talks like this in the kitchen! I make duxelles or fricassee, and when I cook I always set out my mise en place first.....and Terry will be like...what home chef walks around calling things by these names? Well...I do, and aparently, you do too!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete